Little Kiwi and Bauhaus

Little Kiwi and Bauhaus
A Boy and His Dog

Monday 27 July 2009

Back in (Karen) Black



Ok, so I saw showbiz legend Karen Black perform a one-woman cabaret/show about her life and career augmented by some rather bravura "Berlin Cabaret"-style vocals. It was a surreal Lynch-ian bliss-out. This woman is an icon. And it's interesting that she's attained iconic status in both the horror-fan community, and in the LGBT community, because let's be honest: us gays get her and she gets us gays. Her absolute radness was summed up, to me, in her complete willingness to pose for this shot with my pup-a-licious buddy Matt and I. I asked if we could give "Day of the Locust-shoulder". She gave us both a complete up-and-down scan, and purred "Of course, boyss."
She knew exactly what I meant. I love self-aware icons.
:-)

No comments:

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus
Good Dog!